The Piedmont Division of the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) welcomes you to the 17th year of the Piedmont Pilgrimage, the hobby's premier model railroad open house tour. This year there are over 70 layouts on tour. The tour provides an opportunity to visit outstanding model railroad layouts of all sizes, scales and geographic locations. The Piedmont Pilgrimage offers something for everyone.
The purpose of the Piedmont Pilgrimage is to promote the hobby of model railroading. The Piedmont Division of NMRA has made a commitment to make the Pilgrimage their number one outreach program.
There are other model railroad open house programs around the country but we feel this is the best. The reasons are the following:
- It is entirely run by the Piedmont Division which is part of the NMRA
- It features all scales which provides interest to many model railroad enthusiasts
- All information on the layouts is detailed on the website and in this booklet
- All layouts are open to the public with no admission fees
- The open houses are strategically positioned close to each other so you can see as many layouts in one day as possible
- Signs are set out by layout owners to help guide you to the home where the open house is held
- There is usually a greeter at each open house to welcome you into the layout room
- There are usually snacks and refreshments for you and your party
- The layout owner and assistants are there to answer questions
- It is primarily based in November which is National Model Railroad month
- All you have to do is have fun
We are grateful for all the volunteers who are opening their layouts to the public. This is one of our most successful programs to support model railroading. It is very popular among the public even those who are not model railroaders. It is a very rewarding and heartwarming activity for those model railroaders who have worked so hard to prepare their layouts for public exhibition. There is no other place to see the actual work and experience displayed where model railroaders enjoy the opportunity to discuss and teach those interested in enhancing their own layouts.
Check Information about the tour schedule and layouts on the Pilgrimage website (www.piedmontpilgrimage.com) or pick up our free tour booklet at your favorite hobby shop. Please visit your local hobby shops for supplies and expert advice because they wholeheartedly support the Piedmont Pilgrimage and the hobby.
On behalf of the members of the Piedmont Division and the Pilgrimage committee we look forward to seeing you on the tour.
Chairperson Piedmont Pilgrimage
Welcome to the 2019 Piedmont Pilgrimage